2014 - Kid Glove Game Information Sheet
The first Kid Glove Game was played by the Cincinati Reds and Detroit Tigers at Crosley Field in 1949. The game receipts were $7,229. In 2013, The Kid Glove Program raised $347,000. Over $9.4 million dollars has been raised over our 65-year history.
All proceeds for the program go towards the purchase of baseball and softball equipment for the youth in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area.
Highlights of the Program:
- 65 years of helping kids play baseball/softball
- Strictly a non-profit organization with no salaried personnel
- Over $347,000 raised in 2013 that purchased baseball and softball equipment for more than 40,000 boys and girls in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area
- Co-sponsor the “Adapted Baseball League" (Special–needs Kids) for over 120 players - League is coordinated by the Cincinnati Recreation Commission
- Co-sponsor of the Cincinnati Reds’ Rookie Success League, coordinated by the Cincinnati Reds’ Community Fund (Inner-City program)
- Distributed more than 3,000 free tickets to charities in 2013 to allow many kids to see their first Major League Baseball game (Cost of nearly $25,000)
- Nearly $40,000 was given to various charities in 2013 in addition to the $323,000 in equipment purchased for kids
- Raised more than $9.4 million dollars since inception in 1949
The games are played through the generosity of the Cincinnati Reds, who have sponsored the program for the past 65 years. The Reds allow the Kid Glove program to print 40,000 ticket vouchers (8,000 for each of five individual games). The ticket voucher price for 2014 is $10.00 each and can be exchanged for a $17.00 View Level Seat at Great American Ball Park.
Game dates for the 2014 Kid Glove games are:
- Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - Reds vs. San Diego Padres
- Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - Reds vs. San Diego Padres
- Monday, June 9, 2014 - Reds vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
- Tuesday June 10, 2014 - Reds vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
- Tuesday, July 8, 2014 - Reds vs. Chicago Cubs
Teams and/or organizations receive 85% back from their ticket voucher sales to purchase equipment for the following year. The equipment is normally ordered in August and is available for pick-up in January or February of the following year. For example, if a team and/or organization sells $1,000 in ticket vouchers, that team/organization is then entitled to $850.00 back in equipment. Teams/organizations have the opportunity to order equipment directly from our program or order their equipment from a local sporting goods dealer. The Kid Glove program will issue a letter to the sporting goods dealer authorizing the purchase and have the sporting goods dealer directly bill the Kid Glove program. Many teams use this money to buy uniforms and even fix up their baseball fields.
In 2013, over 30 tons of equipment was purchased for the 2013 baseball season. All this equipment was distributed in January, 2013.
Among the items received for 2013 were the following:
- 2,500 dozen baseballs and softballs
- 7,300 additional baseball and softball equipment items
Jim Crowley will serve as the 2014 Game Chairman.
For further information about the program or if you are interested in joining this great program, please contact the Executive Secretary, Paul Kramer at (859) 384-6195 or email Paul at
email@example.com (email notification is preferred).